There are a lot of tools out there to automate your social media. I’ve used them and still use them, sometimes. They definitely can have an advantage in your social media marketing strategies but here’s a short guide to help you make a decision on implementing automation or not:
- You don’t have to be glued to the computer 24/7.
- You can run your business without social media getting in the way.
- You can plan and launch promotions months ahead of time.
- If you have an event, you can schedule reminders for your fans and followers while you’re off preparing for it.
- It just plain ol’ saves time.
- You don’t know what fans and followers are saying, positive or negative.
- You might miss out on sharing something great with your customers because your social media posts already automated.
- You forget what you’ve posted, especially if it’s months ahead of time.
- You miss out on personalized updates like photos of vendors getting ready for a big event or you just keep saying the same reminder over and over.
- You seem like a robot.
Social media is a wonderful and affordable tool for small businesses and entrepreneurs, but you must be wary of automating ALL of it. If you do, your company won’t have a personality and that’s what social media is all about. Personally, I think automation can be successful if it’s done in balance, like eating from all parts of the food pyramid. Automate weekly specials, and reminders but update and respond to your fans and followers with pictures, exciting announcements and most of all, personality!
Looking to boost your social media marketing? Contact us for information on how we can help!